Dear Family of Faith,
“Hope is our superpower.” I love that statement. Life is hard these days. Layer upon layer of distress and anxiety. And now the smoke casts a din over everything. It is easy to fall into discouragement. Take good care of yourselves and one another. Hold on to hope! God is with us. Scripture tells us to draw near to God and God will draw near to us. (James 4:8) God gives us strength when we feel weak, God gives us hope when we feel discouraged, God gives us comfort when we mourn. God gives us wisdom when we are confused. Whatever it is, God will find a way to encourage us…just maybe not on the quick timeline we create. Hebrews 6 tells us hope is an anchor for our soul. So, when you feel tossed about by the waves, put out that anchor of hope.
SERMON SERIES AND DAILY SCRIPTURES
I am beginning a new sermon series on the Beatitudes. This week we will explore the first beatitude, “Blessed are the poor in Spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven”. A feature of this series is a unique way to engage the scripture through coloring. There is a coloring sheet that accompanies this sermon series which I have included. Our daily scriptures for this week are found here.
We now have a weekly in-person worship service on Sundays at 11 am at Holbrook UMC for those who prefer that option. This is not going back to worship like it was. We will make adaptations to make it as safe indoors as possible. See below for more information. We will continue Zoom worship indefinitely online as well at 9 am for those who prefer that option. Each of us must assess our risk and our needs and determine what is best.
· UMCOR We are collecting supplies for Flood Buckets in response to destruction of Hurricanes Laura and this week Sally. You can go online to get more information and to make a donation. Or you can purchase supplies and bring them to church by Oct. 18th. I’ve enclosed the list of supplies needed. If you want to arrange a pick-up, contact Pastor Patti.
· Pine Creek Harvest Sale will be Saturday, Sept 26th beginning at noon. It will be outdoors and will feature ice cream bars in place of lunch. Auction starts at 1 pm. Want to help? Wood cutting Sat. Sept. 19 at 9 am at church. Wash apples on the 23rd. Make cider on the 24th.
· Holbrook Harvest Dinner To Go. On Oct. 14th, we will offer a scrumptious turkey dinner to go. Drive through the parking lot between 4:30-6:30 to purchase your meal for $10 (children $5). Help is needed to cook turkeys, bake pies, serve the meal, etc. Contact Anita Brawner.
· Small Groups. While large gatherings are not encouraged, small group gatherings are a safer way for us to continue to deepen our relationships and faith. Groups could focus on discussing a book, doing bible study, or simply fellowship. They can meet in-person or via Zoom. If you are interested in a small group, contact Pastor Patti.
· Men’s Group meets at noon at Grace UMC. All are welcome.
· E-Giving: We’ve set up electronic giving on our website for each church. If that is a good option for your donations, go to www.MethodistsOnTheYellowstone.org and click on the “Give Online” button. It is simple, safe, and convenient. Or, you can mail your donations to your local church, or to the Parish at 302 S. 9th St. Livingston, MT 59047.
· Weekly worship continues indefinitely on Zoom on Sundays at 9 am. Meeting ID#794678137. Check your email or sign up for our weekly email for the password.
· Hymns and Prayers: Join us for a mid-week pick-me-up on Thursdays at 7 pm. on Zoom. Meeting ID# 522462362. Check your email or sign up for our weekly email for the password.
· Meaningful Conversations: Join us on Wednesdays at 11 am on Zoom as we learn together about the history of race in our country and how we can be people of inclusion. NEW Meeting ID#: 820 4890 5925. Check your email or sign up for our weekly email for the password.
The Lord Bless you and Keep you!
Peace and grace,
Park County United Methodist Ministries
Just a place for some easy messaging. Feel free to comment!