We are bombarded daily with negativity, conflict, and hate. Do you feel it? My heart is heavy this week as I hear people credit Christians with much of the hateful, judgmental, and exploitive approach to issues today. I believe in a God of love and grace, a God of compassion and mercy, a God of hope and abundant life. Which is antithetical to how our faith is often portrayed in the media and how some chose to express their faith. My deepest hope for us in Park County (and beyond) is that we are a people of love and light. Jesus says, “You are the light of the world. Let your light shine!” My prayer for us is that we find ways to boldly live this life of love and proclaim to the world in word and deed that love is the way. Will you join me? As we continue to collaborate together amongst our 4 churches, may the light of Christ shine brightly in all we do!
· This Sunday, Sept. 19th, each church will worship in their own sanctuary!
9:30 Pine Creek
I look forward to worshipping with you in your buildings. We will also have Zoom at 9:30 (see below)
· Next Sunday, Sept. 26th Do you know a vet struggling with the trauma of war? Do you want to hear more about how God’s healing power is being released in this world? Have you connected with the spirit of God on the river? Invite your friends to our special gathering Sunday, Sept. 26 at 9:30. Pine Creek UMC will host us for brunch and a special speaker, Eric Hastings, Founder of Warriors and Quiet Waters. He will share their story and work of being a catalyst of healing for post 9-11 veterans through fly fishing. You can learn more at:www.warriorsandquietwaters.org This promises to be an inspirational morning. All are welcome!
· Looking ahead, Holbrook will be our host on the 1st and 4th Sundays of October.
ZOOM WORSHIP 1st, 2nd and 3rd Sundays
Zoom worship will be at 9:30 on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Sundays of each month. That’s this Sunday! Join us from the comfort of your home or from any location in the world! I've attached the order of worship for 9/19, if you want to follow along.
Meeting id# 794 678 137
PINE CREEK HARVEST SALE Sept. 25th
The Pine Creek Harvest Sale will be held on Saturday, September 25. A complimentary lunch at noon will be followed by the auction at 1:00 PM. All proceeds support the ministries of Pine Creek UMC. We will be outdoors, weather permitting. Join in the fun of making apple cider this week! Here are a few ways you can help with this wonderful event:
· Picking apples - Monday, September 20 we are picking apples at 2570 East River Road (Bob and Margie Kamps former home) 10:00 AM as far as I know now.
· Washing apples - Wednesday, September 22 we will wash apples at the church at 10:00 AM
· Pressing apples - Thursday, September 23, making cider at Rocky Creek Farms at 10:00 AM (new time). 34297 Frontage Rd on the east side of Bozeman.
· Preparation and Set Up on the Day of the Sale - Saturday, September 25, meet at the church to make sandwiches and set up for the auction, 9:30 AM. Bring your donations for the sale.
Donations needed for a bountiful sale:
· cooked and ground chicken or ham, for sandwiches
· homemade pies for the pie sale
· items for the auction such as homemade canned and baked goods, needlework, crafts, tools, art, anything you think will sell!
Questions? Contact Carol Beadle at herbol88@gmail or (406)222-4897
HOLBROOK HARVEST DINNER
Save the date, Wednesday, Oct. 13th for the annual Harvest Dinner. We will have both in-person and take out this year.
Our buildings are wonderful ministry resources we share with our community. The Grace folks have been busy sprucing up the parsonage and yard in preparation for a new tenant. They are working toward hosting much needed childcare. Special thanks to Bob Daniel, Bob & Stacy Jovick, Ted Scofield, and Greg Strong! There are still many things on the “To Do’ list. Contact any one of them to find out how you can get involved.
May the Lord Bless You and Keep You!
Park County United Methodist Ministries
Just a place for some easy messaging. Feel free to comment!