Our thoughts hold incredible power
Dear Friends and Family in Faith,
Our thoughts hold incredible power. Paul writes, in Romans 12:2, “be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” The thoughts we think about experiences and people shape our response and determine if it will be life-giving or life-diminishing. Linda Douty writes, “thoughts produce energy, which is the power that produces action – whether positive or negative. Energy produces behavior.” An ancient Chinese philosopher, poet Lao Tzu, puts it this way,
“Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.”
As you go through your day, pay attention to your thoughts. What feelings and actions do your thoughts produce? There is so much negativity in our world today. There is much to complain and be discouraged about! But if we get caught up in that, it will be a downward spiral. It is important to acknowledge what is hard and difficult and painful. But we would do well to not let it consume us. Offer your thoughts to God. Invite God to renew your mind. And see how that opens new possibilities and hope for you.
· This Sunday Worship will be in-person at 8/Grace, 9:30/Pine Creek, 11:00/Holbrook, or on Zoom at 9:30 Meeting ID #794 678 137 Passcode: hopelives
· May 22nd will be Paint and Praise. We will all gather in Sacajawea Park at the Gazebo for painting, singing, and lunch. We are painting, inside and out, the newer restrooms and also a white storage building right next door to the restrooms. The City will provide the paint. Bring a brush. For those who can’t paint, bring lunch and beverages.
o Come as you can:
o 9:30 Paint Shift 1
o Noon – potluck lunch, singing, and prayers
o 1:30 Paint Shift 2
· May 29th Our Worship Beyond the Walls will be a time for Stories and Remembrances at the Mountain View Cemetery at 1:00. Bring a chair. We will host a time for the community to gather and remember the people buried in the cemetery. There are lots of special people and characters there. Let’s gather and honor their memory. Bring your friends!
Hymns and Prayers
This week we will gather for hymns and prayers tonight at 7 pm on Zoom. We connect to God and one another through scripture, hymns, and prayers. As we draw close to God, God draws close to us, even though our screens. Zoom info: Meeting ID# 889 9872 6182 Passcode: hopelives
Loaves and Fishes
Pine Creek will be providing the meal at Loaves and Fishes on Wednesday, May 25th. Penny is coordinating the meal. We need a few volunteers to show up at 3:30 to help prepare, serve, and clean up. We should be done by 6:30. If anyone wants to come at 4:00 to eat and talk with those who come for a meal, that would be wonderful. Contact Penny if you can help at (406)570-3706.
Mountain Sky Conference News
If you would like to be more connected to our conference, you can click on this link and subscribe to a weekly email that shares news and events that you can participate in.
Current Small Group opportunities:
· Men’s Group All are welcome to join this lively gathering of men who discuss books and topics of the day. Join on Wednesdays at noon at Grace UMC.
· Women’s Small Group meets on Wednesday afternoons at 1:30 at Holbrook. Note the time change.
May the Lord bless you and keep you,
Park County United Methodist Ministries
Just a place for some easy messaging. Feel free to comment!