Saturday marks the 20th anniversary of 9/11. Here is a prayer written by Derek Weber and published on UMC Discipleship Ministries website.
We remember, God of history and remembrance, we remember. We remember when the towers fell and the lives were lost; we remember the dust and the smoke, the despair, and the grief. We remember that sense of vulnerability and shock. We remember the numbness that overwhelmed us as we watched our screens for hours and hours, waiting for an explanation and understanding that never came. We remember.
We remember, God of hope and presence, we remember. We remember the heroes, those who rushed to help, who guided the wounded down innumerable flights of stairs, who rose to overwhelm those who held death in their hands. We remember the hours and the days of binding wounds and healing hurts, giving comfort, drying tears. We remember words of support and compassion from nations far and wide. We remember.
We remember in part because we see the ripples of that tragic day continue to impact our world twenty years later. We grieve with allies today as our allies grieved with us twenty years ago. And together we wonder if there will ever be an end . . . to violence, to war, to hatred, to death. We remember and we grieve our world’s inability to learn the things that lead to peace.
We call to you now in our remembrance, God of justice and of peace. Give us a will to truly pray that your kin-dom may come on earth as it is in heaven. Amen and Amen
This Sunday, Sept. 12th, each church will worship in their own sanctuary!
9:30 Pine Creek
It’s been a long time coming. Thank you, everyone for your adaptability and patience as we have negotiated this pandemic trying to keep people safe. Spread the word!
Mark on your calendar and invite your friends to our special gathering for Sunday, Sept. 26 at 9:30. Pine Creek UMC for brunch and a special speaker, Eric Hastings, Founder of Warriors and Quiet Waters. He will share their story and work of being a catalyst of healing for post 9-11 veterans through fly fishing. You can learn more at: www.warriorsandquietwaters.org This promises to be an inspirational morning. Invite your friends!
ZOOM WORSHIP 1st, 2nd and 3rd Sundays
Zoom worship will be at 9:30 on Sept. 5, 12 and 19. Join us from the comfort of your home or from any location in the world!
Meeting id# 794 678 137
Passcode: Check your email or sign up for our weekly email by emailing email@example.com with the subject line "Weekly Email."
PINE CREEK HARVEST SALE Sept. 25th
The Pine Creek Harvest Sale will be held on Saturday, September 25. We will serve a complimentary lunch at noon, followed by the auction at 1:00 PM. We will be outdoors, weather permitting.
Here are a few ways you can help with this wonderful event:
· Splitting and Stacking Wood: Starting on Saturday, September 11 at 9 am, we will be cutting and splitting wood at the Durgan's to be hauled to the church and stacked. 4507 Old Yellowstone Trail N
· Picking apples - Monday, September 20 we are picking apples at 2570 East River Road (Bob and Margie Kamps former home) 10:00 AM as far as I know now.
· Washing apples - Wednesday, September 22 we will wash apples at the church at 10:00 AM
· Pressing apples - Thursday, September 23, making cider at Rocky Creek Farms at 10:00 AM (new time). 34297 Frontage Rd on the east side of Bozeman.
· Preparation and Set Up on the Day of the Sale - Saturday, September 25, meet at the church to make sandwiches and set up for the auction, 9:30 AM. Bring your donations for the sale.
Donations needed for a bountiful sale:
· cooked and ground chicken or ham, for sandwiches
· homemade pies for the pie sale
· items for the auction such as homemade canned and baked goods, needlework, crafts, tools, art, anything you think will sell!
Questions? Contact Carol Beadle at herbol88@gmail or (406)222-4897
HOLBROOK HARVEST DINNER
Save the date, Wednesday, Oct. 13th for the annual Harvest Dinner. We will have both in-person and take out this year.
May the Lord Bless You and Keep You!
Park County United Methodist Ministries
Just a place for some easy messaging. Feel free to comment!