What is Worship?
What is worship? Traditionally we gather in our church buildings and sing hymns, say prayers, offer gifts, care for one another, read scripture, and listen to a sermon. As our spirit is renewed we are sent out into the world to live out our faith. As a parish, we are stretching our practice of worship. We are taking our faith to the streets on the 5th Sundays for Worship Without Walls. This is a chance to put our faith into action collectively. This Sunday we will serve hungry people through the ministry of Loaves and Fishes. Details are below. If for whatever reason you can’t join us, I encourage you to set aside time on Sunday to draw close to God.
James tells us that as we draw close to God, God will draw close to us. (James 5:8) Perhaps you have another way to put your faith into action and serve others. Or perhaps you can reflect on scripture and pray. The lectionary texts for this Sunday are: Jeremiah 1:4-10, Psalm 71:1-7, Luke 4:21-30, and 1 Corinthians 13. Read one or more and reflect on how these ancient words connect with your life. Or perhaps you can go for a drive or walk, and glory in the majesty of creation. Or perhaps spending some time creating something can connect you to our God of Creation. No matter what we do or where we are, we can always worship by drawing our attention to God and offering thanks and praise. Whatever form that takes, God will renew your spirit. Blessings!
Jan. 30th Worship Beyond Walls. We will be preparing and serving a meal at Loaves and Fishes.
o Arrive at 1:00 if you want to help cook the meal. Penny McNeill will be coordinating.
o Arrive at 3:00 to hear board member, Ted Scofield, tell the story of Loaves and Fishes and the good work they are doing to feed hungry people in Livingston. Then stay to help serve and eat. Meal is served at 4:00
o Dinner is over by 6. We need a few of you to stay and help clean up.
o Questions? Contact Ted Scofield at firstname.lastname@example.org or (406)223-6217
Feb. 6th, 13th, 20th worship at 8:00-Grace, 9:30-Pine Creek and Zoom, 11:00-Holbrook
Feb. 27th will be a “Shrove Tuesday” Pancake Breakfast more details to come
We are wanting to offer ways to gather and grow in faith through small groups. Small groups can take many forms. Please fill out this brief survey (6 questions) to help us meet your interests by clicking on this link: https://forms.gle/nqR6qSzKfsDcfdBx7
Current Small Group opportunities:
· Men’s Group All are welcome to join this lively gathering of men who discuss books and topics of the day. Join on Wednesdays at noon at Grace UMC.
· Hymns and Prayers I am restarting Hymns and Prayers on the 2nd Thursdays each month at 7 pm on Zoom. We connect to God and one another through scripture, hymns, and prayers. As we draw close to God, God draws close to us, even though our screens. Here is the Zoom info: Meeting ID# 889 9872 6182 Passcode: Join our mailing list for the password! Or you can click on this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88998726182?pwd=S09NOW80UkdKc0FSSmkrd3Z5UG9UUT09Join us next month on Feb. 10th at 7 pm
Mountain Sky Conference News
If you would like to be more connected to our conference, you can click on this link and subscribe to a weekly email that shares news and events that you can participate in.
Mission U Study: “Climate Justice: A Call to Hope and Action”
· Sunday Afternoons – Feb. 6, 13, 20, 27, 2022, 2:00-4:30 p.m. via Zoom
· Register at www.mtnskyumw.org/events/mission-u
· Study Leader: The Rev. Waveland King, the United Methodist pastor serving the Mineral County United Methodist Parish in western Montana.
· Mission u is a transformative adult education program, based on biblically grounded curricula. Curricula are intended to motivate, inform, and enrich our commitment to be in ministry for a more just and equitable world, locally and globally.
· Please plan to participate in these no-cost adult virtual Mission u studies in 2022! They are hosted by the Mountain Sky Conference United Methodist Women and the Conference Mission & Justice Team.
· Men and women are encouraged to participate! People do not have to be members of The United Methodist Church to participate. Please direct questions about these studies to Belinda Alkula at 303-916-2349, Belinda.Alkula@gmail.com.
Space available for child care business
Grace is making its basement available to rent for childcare. Do you know anyone who is looking to start a childcare business? The basement is child friendly with several classrooms and access to a kitchen. It has a fenced yard to play in. Rent is reasonable. Those interested should contact Tom Shellenberg at (406)223-3522 or email@example.com. Help us get the word out.
May the Lord Bless you and Keep you!
Park County United Methodist Ministries
Just a place for some easy messaging. Feel free to comment!